Thursday, May 12, 2016

Rubrics





Hello There!
How is your week going? We are a few weeks away from the summer and I am very happy about it.

For today’s post I am here to “talk” a little bit about Rubrics, they are a great resource for teachers to understand deeply the understanding and progress their students are having on certain activity or topic as they set expectations from the beginning leading them to stronger results.
I did a Rubric trying to include check marks for different types of learners, because I mentioned before I like to plan my activities with at least and task for each type of learner. 
Having said that, if my activity is involving K-1st grade math and the lesson revolves around placing values in their correct places my introduction would include a fun video with a song of numbers to refresh their memories, then a brainstorm of things or places where we could find amounts of. Then a mini lesson explaining how numbers from 0-9 are placed then when the 10 comes the place changes. After that I would have a hands- on activity where they could manipulate and place correctly along with the problem solving task. Then some collaboration time with small teams, individual group and some whole group exposure to the topic, allowing time to process all of what they practiced in their process.
Thus why I can present my rubric which has some specific aspects where the whole lesson plan could be evaluated. 

 

This example of a rubric could easily be adapted and used for different Lessons. I like to have specific aspects and values of what I am evaluating to actually focus on the process my students are experiencing and be able to step in and help them through the activity when is needed or re take the subject and try a different way for them to understand.

A special thanks to RubiStar for making he whole rubric making process easy and fun to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment